What’s every bride’s number one wedding fear. YES you are right – Rain on your wedding day.
Being Sydney Wedding photographers for over 15 years, we are no stranger to rain. A rainy day wedding will have the best story to tell!! Who doesn’t love a great story. Rain creates a beautiful romantic atmosphere. The patter of the rain on umbrellas creates a great atmosphere. Rain on your wedding day means good luck! At least you don’t have to worry about overheated wedding guests. All jokes aside, here are our top tips to keep you safe on your wedding day-
- Consider allowing extra time to your wedding day timeline.
- Be ready for couples portrait as soon as you find a break in the rain-
- Plan a short session in the rain, communicate with your photographer
- Buy a pair of hunter boots and yes they are very trendy. They are available in multiple colors so you can purchase one to match the wedding theme. They are very fashionable and trendy. Make sure you remember to bring a pair of shoes so you can tear up the dance floor. Keep it Dry in style.
- Ready to get messy. You can get messy or purchase a few things to protect your wedding dress
- Plan ahead to rent a bridal petticoat. A vast array of petticoat style to choose from. They will lift your hem from the ground slightly so you don’t drag your dress around all day long.
- Make sure to have your Hem sprayed. There are several videos online on how to spray your dress with the Scotch guard. We would suggest taking your dress to the dry cleaners and let a professional handle this.
- Warn or prepare your favorite hand from the bridal party. You can ask your maid of honor or the flower girl to help you out.
- Get some clear umbrellas for some epic photos. Be patient. Talk to your wedding photographer and the venue. The most venue has a buggy to drive around. Ask them prior to the wedding day so they can keep a few aside for you and your bridal party.
- Offer blankets to guests in case it’s an outdoor wedding.
- Talk your stylist so they can use weatherproof makeup and for hair extra strong hairspray.
- Wedding flowers with last long during the rainy day so at least something you won’t need to worry about the wedding centerpieces.
- Rainy day will force your wedding vendor to be at the top of their game. They will be paying extra attention to the wedding due to the weather.
- Try to book a room at your wedding venue or very close to the venue. Most wedding venues in Sydney are offering overnight stay rooms. This way you don’t have to stress about how the night ends you will be a few steps away from your room.
Functions don’t always go according to plan. Just roll with whatever life throws you and consider it an adventure. You are getting married to your best friend, your soulmate that’s is your number one priority.